As the long-awaited Minecraft 1.18 release date approaches, Minecraft developers have been busy fixing bugs and getting Caves and Cliffs Part 2 ready for official release. The developers have released pre-releases almost daily since the official announcement, each addressing different bugs and issues.
Minecraft 1.18 pre-version 7 fixes several critical issues related to render distance, azaleas, world generation, and more. The generation of caverns has also been changed in this preview.
Minecraft 1.18 Prev 7 Download Guide
Interested players can download Minecraft pre-version 7 1.18 using the official Minecraft launcher. It is available for macOS, Linux, and Windows devices. Follow these steps to download pre-version 7 for Minecraft 1.18 Caves and Cliffs Part 2 update:
- Open the Minecraft launcher. Players without the Minecraft launcher can download and install it from here.
- Once the launcher is open, players can see the Play tab. To install pre-version 7, players will need to go to the Installations tab.
- On the Installations tab, make sure that the snapshots option is enabled. Otherwise, players can find it in the VERSIONS area.
- After enabling snapshots, perform a clean install.
- When performing a new installation, select preview version 7. It will not be displayed if the snapshots option is disabled.
- After creating a profile for pre-version 7, go to the Playback tab.
- Select the newly installed profile and click the PLAY button to download and install pre-version 7.
There isn’t much new in this pre-version 7 in terms of new features, but there have been plenty of quality of life changes. Here are the official pre-version 7 patch notes.
List of Minecraft 1.17 changes and bug fixes in pre-version 7
- In pre-version 7, the number of cave features is increased.
- A bug where the azalea tree was spawning in water has been fixed.
- Servers can now generate Amplified and Large Biome Worlds.
- Render distance when set to 13 causes a shift at the world border.
- The texture of the dirt in the dirt road blocks was one pixel too low. It is now fixed.
- A fixed bug where optimizing the world 1.17 in 1.18, the old “Level” compound is not removed, resulting in an increase in the size of the world.
READ ALSOThe article continues below
Minecraft update 1.18 will be released on November 30. Players can expect Mojang to announce the candidates for the release of Minecraft version 1.18 soon.