Minecraft fans must be wondering how they can play the game on their Chromebooks, and if it is possible.
Minecraft has been one of the most played games over the past decade, and over the past few months its popularity has grown exponentially. The massive adoption of the game by content creators and live streamers is attracting tons of new players every day.
- MORE: How To Redeem Roblox Gift Cards And Use Robux
The developers have ensured that the popularity of the game remains on the rise by frequently adding new things to the game. We received two major updates this year, which are the two parts of the Caves and Cliffs update. While the former added axolotls, shiny squids, and goats, the latter made significant changes to the world generation. There is more stuff in the pipeline for the game, so you can expect some exciting new content in the coming days.
How to download and play Minecraft on Chromebook
# Method 1- Using Minecraft Education Edition
The easiest way to play Minecraft on a Chromebook is to use Minecraft Education Edition. This version of Minecraft is specially designed for Chromebook users and helps them in a variety of ways. Note that there are only ten free connections and after that players must purchase a subscription to continue playing. However, there is a catch. Your school administrator must have Google Play enabled for this to work. After that, you can follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings and activate Play Store
- Find and download Minecraft Education Edition from Play Store
# Method 1- Using Minecraft Java Edition
If Linux support is enabled on your device, you can follow the steps below.
- Activate the Linux development environment from the settings.
- Open the terminal from the search bar.
- Update to the latest version by typing “sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y” in the terminal.
- Download the Debian version of Minecraft from here.
- Move it to the Linux files in the Files app.
- Open the installer file and Minecraft will be installed on your device.
- Go to Search and start the Minecraft Launcher from there.
Do you have something to tell us about this article?