If you are a Chromebook user, you may want to know how to connect Android phone to Chromebook and how to connect Android phone to Chromebook. phone hub allows you to connect your Android phone and your Chromebook at the same time. It also gives you access on both devices so that when taking photos, for example.
This is especially useful if you use both devices on the same day or want to switch between multiple devices without losing data or having access to your Chrome Android apps.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
The Phone Hub allows you to connect your Android phone to your Chromebook so you can answer your SMS, check your phone’s battery life, and view your phone’s recent browsing historyamong other uses, all from your Chromebook.
Before going any further, make sure your Chromebook has been updated to the latest version. To check this:
- Go to settings
- At the bottom left, select About Chrome OS.
- To select Check for updates then update if there are any updates.
Connect an Android Phone to a Chromebook
- Go to settings
- Select connected devices
- Up, under connected devices, you can see if your phone is connected or not. If your phone is connected, skip to configuration of the connected telephone section.
- To connect a new phone, select setup.
- If your devices share the same Wi-Fi network, your phone should appear under the device detected.
- To select Accept and continue.
- You will then be prompted to enter your account password, and once entered, tap done.
Related article: How to connect to a Windows, Mac or Linux PC from a Chromebook using Chrome Remote Desktop
Configuration of the connected telephone
- Select the right arrow next to the connected phone. Here you can choose which Phone Hub options you can enable.
- You must also enable access on your phone. When you enable notifications in the phone hub setup, a pop-up will appear on your phone asking you to grant access.
- Select Start on your Chromebook, after which a pop-up will appear where you need to choose to enable notifications.
- On your phone, select Google Play Services, then toggle the switch to allow access to notifications.
- Back on your Chromebook, select Done. Phone Hub is now set up and you should be able to see a Phone Hub icon in your bottom right status bar.
Using the telephone hub
- Select the Phone Hub icon from the status bar.
- In the Phone Hub menu, you should see your phone information. You can check your battery life, cellular signal and other phone features.
- You can view and launch all the Chrome apps you’ve recently used on your phone under tabs.
How to sync messages between your Android phone and Chromebook
- Make sure you have the Google Messages app and if not, download it from the Play Store.
- Open Messages on your Chromebook as well as on your phone.
- On your phone, tap the three vertical lines at the top right and select Pairing devices.
- Tap the QR code scanner, then scan the QR code on the Chromebook Messages app.
- And hooray, your messages are in sync.
Connecting your Android phone to your Chromebook is useful for many reasons. It makes it easy to switch between devices and pick up where you left off.